Monday, April 29, 2013

What would you do?


"Silence is one of the failures in people"


What would you do if you see a homeless guy on a street got beaten up? Or if you heard a parent in a restaurant telling his gay son that being gay is a disease and can cured and prayed away? Or a transgender being verbally harassed and refused to be served in a cafe because he's transgender?

Hello Everyone!

I have another video for you but this time it's an eye opener for everyone kasi it tackles different social and political issues. You'll be more aware of what's 'really' happening in our society.

It was introduced by a friend and somehow it moved me so I'm sharing it with you guys.

This is a socal experiment. A segment in ABC news.

Sana magkaroon din tayo ng ganito dito sa pinas. Para naman maging open ang kaisipan ng mga pinoy at makilala din natin ng lubusan kung ano ang tumatakbo sa lipunan natin. Disappointing lang isipin na ang media natin ay takot i-discuss ang mga ganitong taboo issues.

On the other hand, after watching several episodes of this segment I come to realize that If you think US are more open minded, liberated and more accepting... then you're wrong! Did you know that there are 29 states in the US that can "legally" refuse service (Restaurants, Diner, Grocery stores etc.) to gay people though I don't know if this has been changed.

It fascinating to see how people's reaction differs when a certain detail on a specific scenario was changed. You'll see how people react and not react to the situation if a specific detail like gender, place, tools etc are changed.

Wanna know what I'm talking about?


Watch these videos! I was really touched and moved by these.









I got teary eyed by the next two videos







Marami pa silang experiments about sa iba't ibang issues. May Gay bullying, Overweight discrimination  race, colors, disabled persons and what not and some of the results are quite alarming and disappointing.

But honestly, kung ako makaka experience niyan in real life; I don't know what to do. I've had that experience before sa Jeep yung katabi kong bata iyak ng iyak kasi pinapalo, kinukurot at sinisigawan siya ng nanay niya for not studying very well tapos someone spoke up matandang babae pinagalitan niya yung nanay. It was quite moving actually kasi yung sabi niya

"Nasasaktan ako pag nakikita kong sinasaktan mo yung bata. Nanay din ako at nadudurog yung puso ko sa ginagawa mo. Hindi mo naman kailangan saktan yung bata para turuan ng leksyon iba na ngayon.....Papatayin mo ba yang bata?"

Tapos ayun nagkasagutan na silang dalawa. Sa sampung nasa loob ng Jeep kasama ako siya lang ang nagsalita. Gusto ko din sana sumabat kaya lang natakot ako. Hindi ko kasi alam kung anu pwede gawin sakin nung nanay baka saktan din ako nung physically and naisip ko it is something na hindi dapat ako makialam. Sensitive yung issue eh about how would you discipline your child. Pero yung ginawa nung isang pasahero is genuinely remarkable.





Remember yung bars sa libis or the fort ata that doesn't accept cross dressers? I just don't get/understand why? At isa pa, sana naman ipatupad na din yung anti-discrimination bill. Hindi ko din lubos maisip kung bakit hindi pa ito mapasa pasa. its ANTI-DISCRIMINATION what the hell is wrong with these people? Kaya wala ring laban yung mga taong nadi-discrminate dito sa atin dahil hindi sila pino-proteksyunan ng batas natin.

Sometime its easy for us to say na oo kaya ko mag spoke up and defend those people pag napapanood natin yung mga ganitong klaseng show..

But in reality, its so much harder than we thought. Either way, these experiments taught me a lot. sometimes, reminding them that they're not alone is more than enough. Let them feel that they are accepted is more than enough. I'm thinking that we have this dito sa pinas I think we're not gonna get a better result. Kasi Filipinos are more conservative and because of that Filipinos does not know when to speak up and when to get involved. Americans are more vocal about their opinions rather than Filipinos. I guess it's because of our history. Sinakop tayo ng tatlong iba't ibang lahi and I think Filipinos forget to stand up and speak up. Kung sa pang araw araw lang naman ah pero kung national issues ang pag uusapan I guess nag evolve na tayo.

This next video is kind of.. disappointing for the first family.



And I can't believe na issue pa din ang color sa US



The old lady used the term "colored people" that is not right!

Kayo?

What would you do in those situations?

Would you stand up and speak up?

Would you voice out what you think is right?


 * * * * *

God says, "Sure, no problem. If I find ten righteous people, I will not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. But seriously, you can hear them rutting from here!"

3 comments:

  1. nice, thought provoking videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what were your thoughts? I would love to hear/read them :)

      Delete
  2. awwts. nice entry. this is something i will carry to bed later. thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Exercise your freedom of expression